Thursday, 29 August 2013

Hello, is it time?

It's a funny time of year. Although it is still August which is officially a summer month, the early mornings could be mistaken for autumn. About 6.30am when I open the door to let Tino (little fluffy chihuahua) run outside and I step out on the decking to check there are no foxes loitering in the garden eyeing him up for their breakfast, there is a mist lingering over the garden and everything seems so incredibly peaceful. At that moment in time I get a flash back to autumn mornings when I was little and it gives me a comforting feeling as I blow "smoke" from my mouth into the crisp air like an excited child!

That autumn morning feeling soon fades away as the sun starts breaking through and burns off the whimsical mist revealing warmer weather, but the feeling inside me still remains.......... it's coming; my favourite time of year is on its way!

stories of an english rose

stories of an english rose


I know we don't tend to have a long hot summer in this country, but the weather has been warm for the most part since May, and I always find that by this time of year I start to grow excited about the prospect of colder weather, dark evenings and all that it brings. I love winter clothes, tights, boots and coats and enjoy wrapping up before heading outdoors. I adore cozy nights where the darkness surrounds you and the season begs for you to cook comforting meals and drink copious amounts of hot chocolate piled up with soft peaks of whipped cream and marshmallows. 

There is something about Autumn and Winter that encourages more time to be spent with friends and family, and traditions that make your heart smile. There is so much to look forward to, Halloween, Bonfire night and Christmas, and all those beautiful moments and memories that you can create. I hope you are all looking forward to it as much as I am!

***

Yes I am aware it is still August and the sun is now shining brightly outside, so I will move back to more current seasonal topics and wrap up the winter chat and place it in a little box until another day (not too far away).

It is a beautiful day, it's warm with a little breeze that is wafting the smell of lavender in from the garden and I am listening to the soothing sound of the water fountain. So I am off to live in the moment for a little while and drink this in the sunshine:

stories of an english rose


Have a beautiful summers day everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, I love to read them