Tuesday, 9 October 2012

L'Occitane Shimmering Powder

My boyfriend very sweetly bought me the shimmering powder from L'Occitane whilst we were out shopping a couple of weeks ago. I first saw it when I was out with a friend and we tried out this sweet little bottle of rose scented powder and I fell in love with the way it looked and really wanted one, but at £22 and when I had already spent a lot of money that day on make-up I decided it was a luxury I would have to buy another day.

Lucky for me I didn't have to buy it, and I love it all the more, knowing that my boyfriend got it for me. It makes it more special.

I will show you why I am so crazy about this little bottle.

L'Occitane shimmering power, stories of an english rose

Firstly, it comes in this cute pink box which I think is so pretty that I don't want to throw it away. So I think I may keep this for display purposes. 


L'Occitane shimmering power, stories of an english rose

I absolutely love the little atomizer bottle the shimmer powder is in, I think it is gorgeous and really like the vintage touch. It's one of those items that may not be that practical in everyday life (I really don't need to wear shimmer powder on a daily basis, as much as I might want to) but I still want it to be on display because of how pretty it looks! 

The powder itself is stunning, it is really delicate and catches the light beautifully. This product is perfect for wearing on your shoulders, arms and legs on a night out and makes your skin sparkle without being over the top. You can also spray it in your hair and it looks really pretty. 

I am not a massive fan of rose scented things because I think it is a very old fashioned and over powering smell, but this is a lovely soft powdery rose fragrance and is very delicate, so if like me you are not that keen on rose, I'm sure you will like this because it is a much more soft, wearable scent.

There isn't much point in me photographing the product on my skin as it really wouldn't show up on camera, but trust me it looks amazing in person. I would suggest you go into a L'Occitane store and try some if you are interested in this, then you can see just how pretty it is!

I also love the attention to detail L'Occitane pay when packaging your purchases. They pop it in a lovely little paper bag with some tissue paper that they fragrance, which I think is a really nice touch. I also received a lot of tester sachets in the bag as well which was really nice. 

L'Occitane, stories of an english rose

I am really looking forward to trying out some more of their products, as the things I had a sniff of in store were lovely! Especially their honey fragranced mother and baby range, it was so good. Who says you have to have a baby to use it!


4 comments:

  1. Ooh this is pretty, I've not seen this before! Your blog is lovely xx

    snowwhiteetrosered.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! You should check it out, it's amazing stuff! x

      Delete
  2. I also got some of that hydration cream and loved it, but having combination skin i'd probably skip getting the full size.
    I had seen this powder in the store but found no use to it, but the packaging is lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's one of those extravagant luxuries, something you won't use much but is oh so pretty. I will wear it a lot around Christmas and New Year I think.

      Delete

Please feel free to comment, I love to read them