Monday, 1 October 2012

Favourite Time Of Year

Happy October 1st everybody!! I am so excited, this is my favourite month and the next 3 months are my favourite time of year. The weather gets cooler, we can wear lovely boots and snuggly jumpers, gloves, scarves and hats! The mornings are crisp and fresh and the evenings are dark, it's time for candles and hot chocolate, and lazy weekends spent drinking coffee in coffee shops. We have Halloween, fireworks nights and Christmas to look forward to! There will be parties, and sparkles, and food and presents! What more could you ask for?

So first up out of my list of things that make me squeal with delight:

Seasonal menu's, Starbucks have their 3 new flavours for Autumn now in store. The long awaited pumpkin spice latte, salted caramel hot chocolate, and salted caramel mocha! It makes me want to find a cozy corner in a starry b's and relax for the afternoon with magazines or a good book.

salted caramel hot chocolate
Starbucks




There will also be Halloween sweets, cakes and biscuits trickling into supermarkets now in preparation for the 31st! Pumpkins will be on sale everywhere, which I love. I always buy a few to decorate my home with, then I can make lots of pumpkin soup with them and of course carve a few! I also just found this awesome pic on Daily Mail, what a cute idea to use a mini pumpkin to hold dip!

Daily Mail online

Andrea Fulterton has these cute skull and cross bones decals for your nails, that are perfect for Halloween!


They are available online at Superdrug for £1.99

And don't forget the so so skulicious set from OPI that I mentioned a few days ago. 


I love fireworks night as well, being wrapped up in a warm coat looking up into the night sky watching it come alive with colour and sparkle! And traditional bonfire night food, jacket potato's, chilli, hot chocolate with marshmallows and some extra for roasting over the fire. Perfect!

Baked Potato bonfire night
Canned Food UK


Then there are all the Christmas products and gift sets that are brought out at this time of year, shopping heaven, the streets of London come alive with lights and incredible window displays! Seasonal food everywhere you go, mulled wine and cider, mince pies, and gingerbread men! I love the build up to Christmas, all the amazing events that happen, the parties, buying and wrapping presents and having an amazing time with your friends and family!

The Christmas Shop is also open on Superdrugs site, and it is full of gorgeous gift ideas for the lovely ladies in your life (or for yourself!)


I have my eye on this cute little set, with fragrances of creme caramel, hot fudge and chocolate vanilla I am already in love! It's only £3.29 as well, you can't really go wrong, and it would make a lovely stocking filler.

superdrug gift set

My excitement will no doubt continue to grow over the coming weeks as all of the big brands release their Christmas lines, I am really looking forward to Soap and Glory's gift sets, I usually want them all.

What are you most excited about this Autumn?

I am looking forward to doing some great party make-up and nail tutorials for you, and this little space on the web will be where my inner child will be let loose, so beware!

Happy happy Autumn everyone!


2 comments:

  1. October is my fave month too! So many family birthdays and autumn clothes!! Looking forward to buying decorations for my first Christmas tree too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it has always been my favourite month. The weather is usually quite nice in October as well, dry, cool and crisp

      Delete

Please feel free to comment, I love to read them