Monday, 8 October 2012

Facemask Time!

I felt like putting a facemask on last night before bed, I have a couple stashed from the last time I got 3 on a deal at a pound store. I picked out the Montagne Jeunesse stawberry souffle mask, it's supposed to draw out impurities and moisturise.

stories of an english rose
I cleansed my face first with No 7 hot cloth cleanser to get rid of my make-up, and then slapped on the strawberry squidge. It's quite a thick mask and it's pale pink with little strawberry seeds in it to exfoliate and smells like a strawberry yogurt. I applied it generously all over my face and always find with these sachets that you get quite a lot of product in them. There was too much for one application even though I put quite a thick layer on my skin, so I still have some left in the packet which I will use up on my T-zone another time, as there's not quite enough for my entire face left. I think if I was a little less generous then I could get 2 applications out of one sachet.





strawberry souffle, stories of an english rose
I also put some argan oil through my hair and popped a warm turban towel over the top to help it penetrate. So I looked like a total twit walking around with a pink face and towel on my head, but never mind it was all for a good cause!

I left the mask on for 20 mins, it doesn't dry out like some masks do so it was fairly easy to wash off with the help of a muslin cloth.

It hasn't performed miracles, I haven't woken up to perfect skin. But my skin did feel quite soft and plump this morning, and not as dry as it sometimes is. So for a cheapy face mask I think this did quite well and it certainly won't break the bank. I would buy it again for when I am planning a relaxing pamper session and need a cheap little pick me up.

I still have one sachet left, which is a passion peel off mask, it contains pomegranate and passion flower so I imagine it will smell quite nice, and I do love to peel those bad boys off, it's like playing with PVA glue when you were a kid!



Hope you all had a fantastic weekend!


2 comments:

  1. I love Montagne Jeunesse face masks :d especially the mud pack xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're good value for money aren't they? Especially if you don't have any major skin concerns and just want a little treat.

      Delete

Please feel free to comment, I love to read them