Saturday, 22 September 2012

Currently Loving

I have previously mentioned that I bought a Vivo colour block palette a few weeks ago, I have been using it a lot the last 2 weeks. The first time I used the colours was at a photo shoot I did where the client wanted the model to look like she wasn't wearing any make-up but wanted her eyes to stand out as much as possible. I used a couple of the matte beige colours from the palette and they did the trick, looked completely natural but gave some definition.



Vivo colour block, stories of an english rose

I have also been using a couple of the naturals on myself as well, I love the taupe colour (bottom right) all over my lids then the deep brown (2nd in bottom right) smudged into the outer corner of my eyes and into the socket line, I add a little black pencil liner to my lash line and use a smudger to blend it in so it's lovely and soft and it works really well with my hazel eyes without being too heavy or bold. 

I also used the teal green colour on a shoot the other day under the models eyes and it looked gorgeous, such a beautiful colour. If it seems a little scary to use something so strong in colour then why not try using it in small quantities like I did on the model. Use a flat angled brush so you can get right into the lash line and add a flash of colour under your eyes and smudge it down slightly to give a smoky look. Build up your confidence with colour little by little and wear it around the house on a day when you don't have to go out so you can get used to seeing yourself with different colours or styles on. Make-up is supposed to be fun and a form of self expression, so experiment a little to find out what works well for you. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, I love to read them